Thursday 18 April 2013

Runner & Sports massage therapist

Hi

It may seem strange but I'm going to start this blog (my first ever blog) with an apology!! It's been a long time since my school days and I never was that great at English so if there's spelling or grammer mistakes I'm so sorry.

Before I get to the main topic of this blog I would just like to share with you how I came to be a blogger. I spent last weekend at a TORQ trail team assessment in Church Stretton, the weekend was great fun, with some stunning running and I got to meet lots of amazing people. Before I left for the assessment I thought I might come away from the weekend being inspired by the people that I met there and I was but not in the way I thought I would be, although I was inspired to keep pushing in the running department, I was also inspired to write about it!! So a quick thanks to all of you for the inspiration.

Relationship in running - Runner & Sports massage therapist.

In the words of the great and inspirational Dean Karnazes "there's magic in misery", this quote relates to the strange but wonderful relationship between a runner and their sports therapist. Having just come back from the most painful sports massage of my life!, the "misery" is the 40 mins of torture I have just had to suffer and the "magic" is walking out feeling like a new man knowing that I can spend the weekend doing what I love, TRAIL RUNNING!!! because without the ability to run, my life would be a lot less fulfilled.
 I find that a lot of the suffering I go through while running long is truly mental, it's just your week mind trying to get your strong body to stop being so stupid. Yet the suffering I go through on the sports therapist bed is very very real indeed, but I keep going back for more and more!!! So to all those people in the world that chose a profession in sports massage I salute you, I'm sure there are plenty more runners out there that feel the same way, so from all of us thanks very much (especially you Kate!!)
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. There will be more blogs to follow about the special relationships I have in running.

No comments:

Post a Comment